12.22.2009

campfire in a cup

tea.

i'm obsessed.

last week i tried one of the more popular teas at work, japanese green tea, and holy cow. it's delicious. this stuff has brown rice in it...who would've thought? i bought some the next day and have had at least two cups everyday. mmm. so this new discovery provoked me to go forward to making even more discoveries. today i tried a tea called lapsang souchong. i'll be honest, i've always had something against this tea...it smells funny. not to mention the fact that i feel like an idiot every time i call out the drink order when someone orders it, stumbling over my words. i still have no clue how to pronounce it correctly, but that's not the point. the point is, i've made another wonderful discovery. not as obsessed about this one as i was about the japanese green tea, but still fantastic. it's made in china, and they dry the leaves over the smoke of a fire, giving the tea a really smoky flavor...it's like drinking a campfire. yeah, that may not sound too appealing, but i have to admit, it's pretty tasty. description: campfire in a cup.

i'm looking forward to trying another when i work tomorrow. i think it will be the ginseng tea. and maybe even the pan asia. woot. i'm excited. free tea and coffee on the job = one of the best benefits of working at a coffee shop. :)

3 comments:

Matt and Bethany said...

You've made me want to try the Japanese tea. When are you working this week so I can come visit?

Lexie said...

i work in a local coffee shop too, and i think lapsang souchong smells like campfire ashes! i havent tried it ... maybe i'll give it a shot sometime!

Ashley Slater said...

I have a teapot that I received as a wedding gift and it has set untouched (but looking very cute) on my stove since then. THREE WHOLE MONTHS. Every day I tell myself I will make tea "tomorrow". Your descriptions have inspired me, I WILL make tea...soon! haha